Courthill Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent and effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school. All concerns are passed through the members of staff who are trained as ‘Designated Safeguarding Leads’ (DSLs). This is in school in compliance with the "sharing of information" guidance. Please be aware that the Police, via Children's Services, will alert us if a domestic abuse incident occurs at the home of one of our pupils. However, to ensure we meet data protection requirements, details of the incident will not be shared with us unless there are other concerns about the child's welfare.
Mrs Alison Carter (DSL)
Mrs Karen Hunnisett (Deputy DSL)
Mrs Sharon Wilson (Deputy DSL)
Mrs L Elkins (Deputy DSL)
At Courthill we will always aim to:
- Ensure we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
- Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Support pupils who have been abused in accordance with the agreed child protection plan
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Plan activities and opportunities which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse
- Include in the curriculum material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life – where appropriate for the age of the child.
- Ensure that wherever possible every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
Please click below if you would like to view our safeguarding policy and procedures as well as other guidance about keeping children safe.
For our Safeguarding policies click here
Other guidance and policies
Our school is part of Operation Encompass. This is a police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people who experience Domestic Abuse.